I’ve had lower back issues from a herniated disc for about 7 years. I went to see Dr. Barnum about 6 weeks ago after not getting the results I wanted from other chiropractors. Dr. Barnum is very thorough and detailed in her assessment and care. I love the fact that she stresses preventive care (strengthening and stretching) along with medical treatments. I haven’t felt this pain free in years. She is easy to get ahold of and even made sure there was another doctor available when she was on vacation. I will continue to see Dr. Barnum and highly recommend her services. I couldn’t not be happier.
Dr. Sharon Barnum
Dr. Sharon Barum is a practicing chiropractor and certified examiner for the Department of Transportation.
I have been in practice since 1992. My goal for patient care is to reduce and eliminate pain and other symptoms and return you to your normal activities of daily living. I strive to improve function and instruct patients on prevention and wellness to ensure long lasting results.
Our practice is involved in:
- Participation with Army One Source in providing free chiropractic service to veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Treatment of many muscle skeleton joint and nerve conditions.
- Treatment of patients involved in motor vehicle accidents and slip and fall accidents. I am proficient in the treatment of these complicated injuries, as well as the coordination of care, the necessary report writing and court testimony.
- Certified to teach back to school, and educational series of classes to help manage and cope with chronic reoccurring back pain.
- Lecturing the community about back safety, spinal care, proper ergonomics and various health issues. Ask me about a lecture for your corporation or co-workers!
I am a certified medical examiner for the DOT (Department of Transportation). I am certified to perform these physical exams. I am on the national registry – number: 9036172930.
I am certified to perform these physical exams for drivers who:
- have a CDL (commercial driver’s license)
- driver’s who drive a vehicle weighing 10,000 lbs or more
- school bus drivers
I have been certified to perform these exams since 2013. We perform DOT and non-DOT drug testing. We do consortium management. We are a full-service office offering a variety of therapies and techniques: electric muscle stimulation, ultrasound, moist heat, rehabilitation exercise, trigger point therapy, myofascial therapy, spinal manual adjustments, strengthening exercises, isometric stretchy exercises, core exercises, mobilization of spinal and extra spinal joints.